I beta read! All you have to do is ask.
Contact me in the comments or via any of the social media buttons to the side.
What I will read:
- In order of preference:
- Literary Fiction
- Light/Cosy Mysteries or Romance, when used in conjunction with the above genres.
- Books that are fun, vibrant, creative, witty, weird or unusual.
- Cliffhangers are fine, as long as you promise to send me the next one! (You don't really have to.)
What I won't read:
- Thrillers, Psychological/Crime Fiction, Military or Conspiracy Fiction. I don't read them for pleasure and won't be able to give you any meaningful feedback.
- Serial killers, sexual/graphic crimes, erotica.
- Horror, unless it's a fun, campfire-style spooky horror; witches, spells, creepy old farmhouses and black cats etc.
- Anything about your family, your children, your work, your pets or your travelling.
Any genre I've not mentioned? Try me.
What I can do:
- Give you my own personal, subjective opinion on your characters, plot, world and grammatical style, in as much detail as I see fit.
- Give you a few pointers, such as, but not limited to; 'Try using fewer adjectives.', 'I wanted to know more about this character.' , 'What happened to the gun in Chapter 3?'
- Answer basic questions you might have for me, such as, but not limited to; 'What did you think of the twist in Chapter 12?', 'Do you think any characters could be cut?' 'What would you like to see in a sequel?'
What I cannot do:
- Highlight all the typos. Depending on the book this can be really time-consuming, and while I wish I had the time, I probably won't, sorry!
- Rewrite or edit anything. There are more skilled people than me who make a living off that sort of thing. If you're looking for a proper editor, I recommend www.blueberrybooks.co.uk.
- Read quickly. I'm a painstakingly slow reader. It will take me about a month to read your book because I'm a human being. I work full-time, write evenings and weekends, and have a TBR pile as large as Gatsby's shirt collection. Please have patience!
- I cannot trade reviews. This is generally a bad idea and I advise against it. They will inevitably get taken down.
Think I can help you? Get in touch and ask me about my availability. I look forward to hearing from you!